Steam to The Lodge Leeming Bar
Heritage Rail Breaks ...
We have teamed up with The Wensleydale Railway to bring you a Heritage Railway break to remember...
An amazing journey with inspiring landcapes; undiscovered charm and teaming with interest...
Your stay includes:
- Two night stay with room and breakfast
- Complimentary return journey on the Wensleydale Railway from Leeming Bar to Redmire
- Picnic hamper
- £99 per person
The Wensleydale Railway is an authentic heritage railway serving the local community, offering tourists, families and transport enthusiasts a great value day out in the Yorkshire Dales with lots to see and do along the way.
* Go back in time to how train travel used to be from the 1950s through to the 1980s
* 16 miles of railway through Herriot and Turner country - the stunning Yorkshire Dales
* Take in the best of the National Park, with a trip back in time on a vintage bus of the 1960s to Aysgarth Falls
* Experience the classic Yorkshire market towns of Bedale and Leyburn with something to enchant everyone from the hungry to the curious
We have preserved 22 miles of the former line from Northallerton to Garsdale that opened to passengers in full in 1878. Timetabled services run over the 16 miles from Leeming Bar to Redmire (for Bolton Castle) and we are actively working to restore the full length of the line as part of our historic rail and transport experience.
See them all from
The Lodge Leeming Bar
The Great North Road,
Leeming Bar, Bedale
North Yorkshire, DL8 1DT
Tel: 01677 422122
Fax: 01677 424507